. . . as long as you do something with it.
What is WFPB?
A Whole-Food, Plant-Based diet is centered on whole, unrefined, or minimally refined plants. It’s a diet based on fruits, vegetables, tubers, whole grains, and legumes; and it excludes or minimizes meat (including chicken and fish), dairy products, and eggs, as well as highly refined foods like bleached flour, refined sugar, and oil.
- Forks Over Knives
REVERSING TYPE 2 DIABETES
Spoiler alert: Sugar does NOT cause diabetes, and in most cases, it's reversible!
PLANT-BASED ON A BUDGET
Just $4.15/day... That's the average per-person benefit for a family of two on a SNAP budget (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). SNAP is only meant to supplement daily meals, NOT cover all food needed in a day. By focusing on whole plant foods, you can easily eat 3 delicious meals + a snack for <$4/day, while also exceeding the RDA nutrition guidelines AND not feel hungry!
THE KEY TO WEIGHT LOSS:
Chef AJ explains how to lose weight without going hungry by focusing on high-volume, low-calorie, nutrient-dense, whole, plant-based foods.
COOKING WITHOUT OIL
The bad news:
- Oil is one of the most highly processed foods on the planet.
- Blood flow is constricted by 32% every time you consume it.
- This injures endothelial cells (the cells that line the interior walls of blood vessels) and triggers plaque build-up (atherosclerosis).
- At ~120 calories per tablespoon, it can also be problematic if watching your weight.
The good news:
- Cooking without it is easy!
Check out the video below to learn how.